Thursday, July 15, 2010

While You Were Away - Part 4

Dear DH and Mr. A,

So I slacked a little bit the last few days.  Things have been a little crazy around here!  No baby, though, so that's good for all of us, right?!  A few highlights:
  • I have great friends.  I've had 2 surprise baby showers in the past 2 days - how nice is that?!  And my friends have all made such great efforts to meet my every liking - frosting, cupcakes, cowboy caviar, etc, etc.
  • I spent time in NYC today for some meetings and saw a great old friend, Tracy. 
  • I was also told by a cab driver in NYC for the first time EVER to put my seatbelt on to protect the baby - I've never worn a seatbelt in a cab. And I must be really pregnant. 
  • Miss M took a little tumble out of her crib last night and landed head first, but I think I caught part of her legs.  I'm not really quite sure how it all happened, but I think she was standing on a folded blanket and started jumping when I put her in and turned around to get her water bottle.  Next thing I know she is flying up and over and then headed downward.  Glad we have carpet on her floor.  She seemed ok - no goose egg or anything, but then this morning she was Miss Crank-ola.  So, she was back asleep by 11.  Costco will do that to you.
  • Miss M likes to talk on the phone almost as much as you, Mr. A.  She starts talking, though, and will not give the phone back so we have to tell the person to hang up and we'll call them back when we can get the phone back.  She's 2.  Is this a problem?
Back here we are jealous of::
  • Your cool weather - what I wouldn't give to put on a sweatshirt instead of a swimsuit at 9:30 pm!
  • Your fireworks show courtesy of Uncle Chris (glad he got to come up!)
  • The yummy breakfasts you've all been making out there!
  • Late nights and fun times with family
We love you and will see you soon!

xoxo, me

No comments: