So I'm frantically trying to get all of my computer work done before finishing my packing. Our office is below Mr. A's bedroom. I put him to bed at 7:23 pm. I hear his voice as I sit down at my desk. And, this is what I heard:
7:48 - "Wow! That's a BIG one!"
7:50 - "'Nother one"
7:52 - (more jabbering that I can't quite make out)
7:53 - "Oh. That little one."
At this point I'm intrigued. So, I walk upstairs, open his door, and see his little feet on the floor poking out from underneath the curtains. I thought, "Maybe he's looking at one of our neighbors and commenting." Mind you, it's dark outside.
I pull back the blinds and have this conversation:
Me: "Mr. A, what are you doing?"
Mr. A: "Oh, Mommy! Look! 'Nother BIG one!"
I look out and can only see the passing/blinking lights of airplanes in a night sky.
Me: "Do you mean the airplanes, Mr. A?"
Mr. A: "Ya, Mama! I see Daddy's hairpane"
At this point I'm practically in tears from the realization that he was postponing sleep to watch for his dad, but pull him out from behind the blinds and guide him to bed.
Mr. A: "Mama, I wanna see Daddy's hairpane more."
Me: "Tomorrow when you wake up, you can look for Daddy's airplane some more, ok?"
Mr. A: "Ok, mom. Where's Baby Sis?"
Me: "She's sleeping."
Mr. A: "OH! OK! Love you, Mom"
Me: "Love you, Mr. A."
I love Little People. I especially love MY little people. Sweet dreams to both of them. May visions of airplanes dance in Mr. A's head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
From the start, I so thought it was another pooping story! But that is really so adorable that he was so into seeing airplanes! I love it! Come on an airplane and come play with us!!
So sweet! Oh my goodness! You've got some gems that's for sure...
Oh, Whit...that is so cute!
Post a Comment