Monday, June 6, 2011

For Good.

Miss M turned 3 on May 30.  For good. 

My little bro, Chris, got married on May 28th.  For good.

My sweet Baby S is up on all fours, has no teeth, and is 10 months old.  For good.

And now the big stuff.  We are leaving Pennsylvania.  For good. 

We are moving across the entire country.  To Seattle.  To chase a dream (DH's).  And some family.  For good. 

And, to paraphrase Elphaba and Glinda from "Wicked," I have been changed.  For Good.  I will miss my friends and close-by family so very very very much.  I know that there are new opportunities on the horizon, but since I haven't seen those yet, I'll stick with what I have seen.  Fantastic friends that are like family.  Really, they're my village.  My support in raising my babies.  My support in having my babies.  One of my best ones said to me the other day, "I don't get to see your kids grow up.  That's not fair."  I know.  I know.  Believe me, I know.  Family that is close enough to be here in a few short hours.  To celebrate holidays and birthdays and for-no-reason days.  Life as we have known it for the last 7 years.  We will store it all in our memory banks and we will treasure it and we will love it.  This has been a wonderful station on our journey.  For good.

Let me be clear on one more thing, however.  There is no possible way that we can deny that we are supposed to be going now.  For whatever the reason is, our path to the Northwest has opened up to this move in a most improbable fashion.  Everything has been made possible.  And, so, we will go.  DH will no longer have to commute.  My sister and his brother and their families will be nearby.  Our house is under contract.  Fely has agreed to come.  Mr. A starts Kindergarten in the Fall.  And I got a pretty sweet gig too.  It will be for good. 

Dear Philly Friends, please come visit me.  You won't regret it!  You will be changed.  For good.  I promise.

4 comments:

The Sumner's said...

Wow, Whit, when do you leave? Will you still be working for J&J? Good luck!

mcwally said...

Jud Baby just told me about your big new a few days ago..... (those Warnick sisters :) WOW! I am so thrilled for you. Change is always so hard, but it's the only way to great things! Good luck with the move and the move-in and happy adventures!

Jules said...

Just about made me cry... if I was one of your friends there in Philly I'd be sobbing! But I'm family, so you can't get rid of me, FOR GOOD. haha.

You are such a good writer-- written with such feeling! Moves are hard, especially when you've been somewhere for 7 years. But I cannot believe the things that have fallen into place for this move... talk about good!

lovinglife said...

I'm sooooo excited to have you in my time zone!!!!