Finally. No more excuses. After 3 glorious years, it was time to say farewell to Miss M's favorite possession - her "B" or binky or pacifier - whatever you prefer to call it. She was only allowed to have it in her bed, so she spent a lot of time in that bed. With that B. She also slept for a long time with it. And sometimes she'd still take 2 naps a day with it. It was a blessing and a curse, though. When she'd have it in her mouth and start talking through it, I couldn't have been more annoyed. Yet, when she'd "cuddle with my B" and snuggle right in to our chests and just lay there, I couldn't have been more loving.
Alas, it was time. 2 weeks ago she had finally gotten over her nasty sickness. DH had gone to the gym and I was putting the kids to bed. We had talked with Miss M about giving the B to the binky fairy, but she cried very very real tears. Crocodile ones, I tell ya. She wasn't putting it in a box and leaving it for anyone - not even Santa Claus or her sister, Baby S. And, so, DH had put the B away earlier in the day, didn't tell me where it was, and I couldn't get a hold of him. I told her to lie down and that he would bring it to her when he came home.
She did and when he came home she was still awake. He marched upstairs, told her she didn't need it anymore, that he had put it away, and she would be fine. She whimpered a little bit but promptly fell asleep. She asked for it a lot the next day, cried some when I put her to bed again, but we stayed strong in our resolve and she even got a present from the Binky Fairy the next day (because Daddy had sent it to her). Her very own Little People airport (thank you, Target toy sale). She was delighted.
Every once in a while she'll still ask for it. I can't say I miss it at all (except for the 6:30 wake up instead of the 7:45 wake up). I know, however, that she sure does. It was a good little buddy for her. But, lesson learned. Don't wait until Baby S is 3 to take it away. Too. Much. Drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a brave new world Morgan! Ask Mommie about Panda .... where is that? :)
Post a Comment