Thursday, March 4, 2010

Your-UH-g-WHY?


I'm trying to look on the bright side. It has been sunny and warm everyday since I arrived here. I've never been down this far South before and it's beautiful! Montevideo is a modern, yet classic city with interesting food, lots of meat, late meals (lunch at 4, dinner at 10 - it's killing me), nice people, eclectic shopping, and plenty of smokers (ech).

I was even able to make a side trip to Punta del Este (a beautiful beach town akin to Miami where the river meets the Atlantic Ocean and the sand between my toes was pure bliss).

Back to my bright side comment. So, of the 6 days I'm spending here, I only "needed" 2 days of sun. Good news - got 4 days. Bad news - the 2 days we needed only coincided with 1 of the 4 sunny days. Today it is raining and it needed to be sunny. Boo.

Still hoping that tomorrow will be ok and I will be able to fly home to see my babies. I miss them! Mr. A said to me last night, "Mom, I not see you so much!" So cute. I see you Saturday.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

What a fun trip! Are you there on business? Be safe!