Friday, March 12, 2010

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

I know I've been posting a lot about Mr. A lately. I guess it's like that when he's the one that talks the most and the things he says are pretty darn funny.

Last night after he had said his prayers and asked that the baby in my tummy be healthy and safe, he sat up on his bed before I sang him a song and we had an interesting conversation.

"Mr. A, this is your last chance. We find out on Monday what the baby is. Do you still think it's a girl baby?"

"Yes, Mom. I already told you."

"You sure it's not a boy baby?"

"Uggh. Yes, Mom. It's a girl baby."

"Ok. What should her name be?"

"I not know, Mom. You tell me when she comes out of your tummy and then I pick her name."

"Any more ideas?"

"Umm...maybe Tasha?"

"Maybe."

"Mom, how come you not have 7 babies?"

Laughing out loud, I replied "And where would those 7 babies come from, Mr. A?"

Smiling, he replied, "Your tummy, Mommy!"

"That's a lot of babies to be in my tummy at one time. Would they be boy babies?"

"No, Mom. They be all girl babies."

"That's a lot of girl babies, bud. Then, you wouldn't have any brothers. And you and Daddy would be the only boys."

"But, what about you, Mom?"

"I'm a girl and Miss M is a girl."

"Oh. Then maybe we have 2 kinds - boy babies and girl babies."

"Ok. What would we name them?"

"Tyrone, Austin, and then Pablo would be the boy babies. And Uniqua and Tasha would be the girls."

"But that's only 5 names and there would be 7 babies."

"Oh, then Dora and Diego!"

Perfect. We would have the complete Nick Jr. family. I didn't want to disappoint on this special night, but just in case you're wondering, there will not be 7 babies coming out of this mommy's tummy - ever. Sorry, Mr. A! :)

No comments: