Saturday, July 11, 2009

The 4th and Belated Birthday

We were still a little woozy from the traveling of a day or so before, but we managed to tag along with the right peops for the 4th of July festivities! Thanks, M&M, for letting us join your fun! We started with a "Fun" Run, pancake breakfast, and bike parade in the AM. Needless to say, our crew had been up for hours in what was, I'm sure, "anticipation" of the big day.

Mr. A thinking he's the next Lance Armstrong

Mr. A's dad making sure he's not the next ER visitor

Miss H making sure that Miss M doesn't get too far in her constant motion train
After we had sufficiently stuffed our faces (well, kind of - as stuffed as they get with Krusteaz mix - I'm married to a pancake snob who has rubbed off on the rest of us), we moved on with the rest of the day's activities. They involved naps, building sheds, trampolines, hot tubs, super burgers, watermelon-eating, birthday-celebrating, and a fireworks show!

A note about the cakes: these are what we lovingly call "white trash" cakes. I may have spoken of them last year, but this is what DH grew up with (I'm sure you're dying for the recipe)- it's Angel Food cake layered with your favorite kind of ice cream (Haagen Dazs PB Chocolate for DH), covered with Cool Whip, and drizzled w/Hershey's Syrup or Magic Shell. Even now that he has his choice of any kind of cake, this is what he asks for every year. This year, however, I tried to make it a bit more festive with the appropriately colored fruits (I don't think many appreciated my "tainting" of the cake - sorry!).

Trying to get all 3 of them to look my way (ps - can you see Miss M's cute curls? she's starting to get ringlets and, I have to admit, they are so adorable)


Impossible - Happy Birthday, DH!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Mmmm...I could go for some white trash cake. I'm cracking up about the "Seamons Laws" in the background. I need a big board in our home with the house rules!