Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shore Excursion

Our closest beach at home is the Jersey shore. Compared with the North Carolina/South Carolina beaches of my upbringing, it leaves a little to be desired, however. I digress slightly. People often go to "the shore" for the weekend, the day, whatever.

This past weekend we went to our own version of "the shore" on one of the many lakes that surround us. Chilled water, perfect day, tasty sand, and a picnic lunch. Perfect combo. Notice there is no mention of lazily lounging on a beach chair while I catch up on my magazines or intently focus on my beach novel of choice. Those days are gone. For now.

Gotta try it - yuck

I love the beach

Now it's fun!

Busy at play

We wish she would just walk already! Her creeper crawl

"I'm going into the water!"

...and eating the sand and rocks

4 comments:

Mindy Williams said...

super cute. looks like you are staying busy despite the record heat up there. are you enjoying it? missing you and hoping the bday was fantastic as ever!

Sarah said...

Love that last picture- so cute! Glad you had a fun day playing on "the shore"!!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

no more "lounging days" for us! The kids are in heaven and that makes up for it! Your kids are adorable, Whit.

lovinglife said...

thanks for chatting with me! you saved me!! i can't wait to see your updates!
DJSU