Friday, November 7, 2008

Princes and Froggies and Sugar, Oh My!

The members and their Queen (BG)

Ready for a night on the town - the Prince won out

A sleepy frog


The Prince and his Neighbor Princesses

Buddies! A Scottish golfer and the Prince (CL and Mr. A)



I hope I never forget the image in my head of Mr. A furiously running up each driveway to petition for his next "teet."

His unbuttoned tuxedo jacket waving in the wind while his flailing arms and legs worked so hard to keep up with each other, one hand full of the candy he had received from the previous house.

And then he would almost get to the walkway and say (every time with the same urgent voice - you know, the one you use to alert those around you to something important): "Oh, Mom! MY PUNKIN!!!! I NEED my PUNKIN!!!" And I would hand him his pumpkin carrying case and he would drop the previous piece of candy in it and rush up to the door.

Discovery is beautiful at any age really.

But it is magical when you're 2 and you figure out that just 3 words will get a big bowl of heavenly candy lowered to your eye level.

And it's most magical to observe.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

How cute! What creative cosutmes! It's fun to see your mom as well. Sounds like A had a great time!

Sarah said...

They both look so cute and I love how Ms. M is wearing a handband under her hood! Glad they had a fun night!

McKee's Madness said...

He could come be my prince anytime... And that little frog of yours... priceless. They are getting cuter and cuter. Is that possible?