Thursday, November 20, 2008

Little Treasures

Mr. A's had some good ones this week:
  • Mr. A: "Mom, we go to heaven I can wear my sandals?"
  • Me (thinking he knew something I didn't) : "When are we going to heaven and which sandals are you wearing?"
  • Mr. A: "Mom, I show you" - running off. He returns carrying a flip flop from his room that did not fit him this summer.
  • Me: "OOOHHH! When we go to HILTON HEAD you can wear this sandal. Is that what you're asking?
  • Mr. A: "Yeah, Mom! We go to Heaven and I wear sandals!"
  • Me: "Yes, Hilton Head is a lot like Heaven."
Another one:
  • I was putting away laundry in Miss M's room yesterday and Mr. A was watching and putting some things away too. At some point I left the laundry basket in my room with all of the strays (socks, that is). This morning while rooting for Miss M's ensemble of the day I couldn't help but let a big smile ease across my face as I opened the drawer and all of the stray socks were laid neatly on top of Miss M's clothes. Such a good helper, he is.
Lastly:
  • Mr. A has been very into the spatial nature of relationships lately. He's often known to ask, "Mom, where's Dad?" or "Mom, where's BG's (my mom) daddy?" or "Mom, where's Nana and Papa?"
  • I always reply directly to him about where everyone is (BG's daddy is up in heaven, etc)
  • And so tonight, while saying his little prayers, he says, "Bless Nana & Papa in California, bless BG and bless BG daddy in heaven and bless Daddy on the hairpane (airplane)."
Such a thoughtful little dude!

3 comments:

McKee's Madness said...

He is so cute... I love to read the things that he is saying. I can't believe how big they are both getting. I can't wait to have little kids to experience that with. Keep up the good work with raising them. You are quite the mom :)

Wendy said...

Haha, your little boy always says the funniest things. I love hearing how you tell the stories on the blog. I feel like I can totally see the interactions between a child and his mother. That's hilarious!

Sarah said...

I need to start recording the funny things my kids say. I love reading about Mr. A's funny comments- he's such a cute kid!