Tuesday, November 30, 2010

'Tis the Season

  • I have a lot of pictures I'd like to post.  I will do that soon.
  • November was a whirlwind and it is over today.  Really??
  • With a delightful Thanksgiving behind us (thank you, Veales!) and our first-ever-in-10-years Christmas at home ahead of us, there has been much conversation about a few things:
    • Belle, our new Elf (thank you, Elf on the Shelf).  She is watching and going to tell Santa if you are naughty or nice...and Mr. A and Miss M have bought into her 100%.  I love it.  
      • Mom, how does Belle the Elf get to Santa and back?
      • Mom, how come Belle the Elf doesn't take a nap?
      • Mom, if Belle says I'm being nice, will Santa bring me more presents?
      • Mom, does Belle fly to Santa's workshop?
      • How come Belle doesn't talk?
    • While discussing the real reason for the season during Family Home Evening last night, Mr. A came up with some stumpers:
      • How old is Jesus going to be?
      • When are we having His party?
      • What kind of cake does He like?
      • Why didn't Jesus have a bed to sleep in when he was a baby?
      • Where was his family when He was born?
      • Who else came to visit Him?  Animals?  Why were they allowed inside the hotel (how we described the "inn")?
    • Miss M has somehow acquired a Southern accent
      • "I do it all by ma by ma self" (with a long drawl on self)
    • Baby S has got a smile that stretches from one side of the US to the other.  Boy is it contagious!
      • She is also my 3rd baby to L-O-V-E the jumper.  And, might I add that I love it too?
      • She went to see the dr. yesterday for her 4 month visit
        • 13 lbs, 9 oz
        • 23 1/2 inches (which basically means she's 26 inches)
        • 40th percentile for head circumference (that's all I remember)
        • Doing great in every way
      • She loves to "talk" to all those who will listen.  Is there anything better?
      • Her giggle could get the Queen of England to laugh out loud.  Really.  It's adorable.
  • Have I mentioned yet that my DH played in the Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving Day and tore his Achilles?  In his words, at least he went out on top - scored 2 touchdowns.  That's all that matters, right?
    • We'll know more tomorrow, but recovery time expected to be 2 months approximately before he'll work again (since he uses his feet when he flies).  Be jealous.  Be so so jealous.  
That's all I have to ramble about and use bullets for (did I mention that I love bullet points?) for now.  Merry Christmas music season!!!

1 comment:

lovinglife said...

Thinking of you Whit! I hope Tyler has a speedy recovery! Xoxo
Darcy