Tuesday, August 18, 2009

9 Years Later

...and THIS is where we are now! sippy cup-toting, snack cup-packing, hat-mandating, no shoe-wearing, kid-toting crazies!

When I was growing up, nine years seemed like a really long time. Think about all of the changes that happened between, say, 9 and 18, or even 11 and 20! And I couldn't wait for it. Now, I'd just like to play the years in slow-mo and hope they don't go by so fast.

Today DH and I celebrate 9 whole years. It doesn't feel like it's already been a year since we were sitting at Dos Caminos in NYC celebrating 8 and reflecting on how happy we were to have made it through the legendary "7 year itch." I guess this means I should start working on what we'll be doing for the big 1-0!! :)

Happy anniversary to a really fantastic guy whom I absolutely adore being with. So glad we both said yes and got to celebrate on that most gorgeous D.C. summer day. Not a cloud in the sky. Not a lick of humidity. Scrumptious crab cakes. All sorts of love in the air! I am so glad you picked me. I love you.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats you two! We celebrate our 15th next year. We should go somewhere exotic together to celebrate. The Four Seasons in Bora Bora is calling my name!

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it's been a great day... are you together at least or is he flying?! So glad you both said yes too! You've come a long way guys!

The Hillan Family said...

congrats! you 2 make a lovely couple...we love you guys! Happy aniversary! Love,Leia