Sunday, March 29, 2009

Maryland Has Crabs, But Pennsylvania Has...

Our "Springtime" Attire
That's right. Nestled between Blue Ball, Mt. Joy, and Paradise is the quaint Pennsylvania town of Intercour$e. I kid you not.

It's out in the large rolling hills and expansive farms of the Amish country and we couldn't pass up an opportunity to introduce Nancy & Clint to the home of the world's greatest Kettle Corn. It's the perfect balance of just enough salty and not too much sweet. Actually, they have a lot of yummy delicacies there (homemade salsa, sauces, baked goods, and Amish Friendship Soup), but clearly they were one-track minded when they named the towns and villages as they settled the land.

And, you know how you typically notice different things when you visit somewhere more than once? Our new finding: Blue Ball Church of the Brethren. And, my friend tells me that Virginville is just 20 or so miles away. Only logical, I guess.

Lastly, though, we stopped in Lancaster, the heart of the Amish country, for some fine Pennsylvania outlet shopping (PB Kids Outlet, anyone?).

And no trip of theirs would be complete without Rockband in healthy doses, some March Madness viewing (go 'Nova), and a round of "Ticket to Ride."

Thanks for coming to hang with us, you two! We're so excited for your little bundle of BOY!

5 comments:

The Aamodt Family said...

Thanks for the laugh tonight!! I was laughing out loud...I must go and get some sleep! You are so cute!

Linds said...

So fun! Mat and I made our way through those towns last time we were back East, we thought the names were hilarious! I think we even have a golf ball somewhere with the names on them. Laughed at the reminder. So fun, wish we were taking those trips with you!

Mindy Williams said...

Oh I miss the East! We have been to all those places too! We have the magnets to prove it. And I own a few things from that very PB kids outlet. Sigh. Did you go in the furniture one too? We miss you even more than we miss the other stuff though! And the other town Hummelstown is chuck full of my ancestors...we have seen the graves! Cool huh?!?

Lolo said...

i am cracking up! what in the world???

The Egglestons said...

I've heard about these towns from my sister when she lived out there. So funny, -and you have to feel bad for the people who lived there and named them that for a reason!