Thursday, December 4, 2008

Seis, Six, SIX


And here we are again with another month having ticked right on by. Can anyone direct me to the pause button on the DVR remote of my life? Sheesh.

Actually, in my final beach run in HHI, I borrowed my sister's iPod and enjoyed her Workout playlist. Some of the lyrics from a song called "Breathe" have been running through my head since:

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table, No one can find the rewind button girl..."

I loved the metaphor of life and the hourglass that can't be flipped over. And, I ALWAYS say that I'm searching for the rewind or pause button. Apparently I'm not the only one.

I digress.

This is really all about Miss M. She's 1/2 way to her first birthday. WHERE DID THE TIME GO??? Yikes. She's working on her sitting muscles, rolling up a storm or trying to roll off the bed as the case may be, started eating solids (pictures of that in a later post but applesauce, bananas and sweet potatoes are favorites), jumping her little heart out, grabbing at and eating my hair (gross, I know, but it entertains her and there's something about her little noises so close to my ear), grabbing on to anything and everything - nose, lips, eyes, ears, jewelry, ties, etc; and delighting us all with her laugh - she's ticklish, you know. And did we mention her expressive eyes could light up a room? She really is a delight.

The details:
15 lbs 9 oz
26 inches
17" around the head

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, she's tiny. Ben was 21 pounds at his 6 month checkup. He now, at 9 months, weighs as much as his 2 year old brother.

M is so precious, what a sweet child.

Kelli said...

She's adorable! It's fun to have our two so close in age. Miss Addie is our serious little one. I don't think she's ever done a big ole' belly laugh. She'll chuckle if we tickle her, but I can't wait for the huge baby laugh!

Mindy Williams said...

It goes too fast doesn't it? I am so happy to see how adorable she is. Your kids are so cute. Thank you again, internet, for bringing me closer to your cute family!