Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Giddyup, Cowboy!

Mr. A, DH, and Mr. A's cousin, Mr. N, sharing some quality time in an early morning hot tub dip
Playing with the fish in the water at the Aquarium
Jumping on the trampoline - As DH informed me, "Honey, I think there's a trampoline in our future"
And, finally, a little man, his horse, and one proud daddy

We just returned from a fabulous ranch vacation! More pics to come, but the highlight was definitely seeing Mr. A ride his first "ho-ssey" = horsie. It is truly so incredible to see your children do things for the first time and watch their reactions. He loved it, much to his father's pure delight. The days pretty much went as follows (with a few deviations here and there):

1. Wake up and look out at the amazing coastline and say good morning to the horsies in the corral and the rest of the day...
2. Go outside to personally greet the horsies, play with the train, jump on the trampoline, dig sand in the treehouse, go up in the treehouse to look out at the view, play with cousins, ride horsies, stare at the beautiful skyline, eat yummy cowboy food, take naps, etc, etc.
No Internet, no cell phone service, no TV. My idea of a GREAT vacation (although I will admit to sneaking a few peeks at the March Madness games while we were out at dinner a couple of times - love this time of year).
A huge thank you to my mom and our dear family friends for making it all possible and sharing it all with us! We will be back!

3 comments:

Katie Hendrickson said...

Whit! How did you find me? So cute and now I can spy on you...
e-mail me so I can get more info from you.
xoxoxo
kch1860@hotmail.com

Mindy Williams said...

Whit, what a fun vacation! Sorry we haven't connected, I have momnesia! I love tracking your pregnancy at the bottom of the page so I know how much longer! We want to see a picture of your belly now! I noticed you were absent from the vacation pictures. Hope you got some rest, but man, how did you miss March Madness?!? Love you and your family is adorable as always!
Mind

lovinglife said...

Glad you guys had so much fun!! We'll have to meet up this summer and hang out there together!! Yeah!! DJSU